Deliciously baked weakfish recipe is so easy to make. Add dill, some cherry tomatoes, chopped green onions and enjoy your low carb meal at any time of the day. Healthy meal is ready in less than 15 minutes
So you have a weakfish and don’t know what to do with it? I have a perfect weakfish recipe for you. I doesn’t require tons of ingredients, its simple, inexpensive and ready in 15 minutes. Why wait, make it right now and let me know what you think in the comment section. I hope you will like it as much as we did!
How to make baked weakfish recipe
Start with rinsing fillets with cold water. I had two fillets to work with. Pat dry fish using paper towels and place in the prepared greased oven safe dish. I like to use olive oil or avocado oil spray for this task. Place weakfish right on top of oil, it will prevent it from sticking to the baking dish.
Now its time to add our vegetables and spices. Sprinkle fish with salt and pepper, add a pinch of white pepper too. Chop baby dill and green onions and add it to fillets. Cut cherry tomatoes in half and add to the dish. I like to lay tomatoes around fish, not on. I like how they caramelize when cooked directly on the baking dish.
The final touch is added pieces of sliced lemon. Slice it as thin as possible and add some right on top of each fillet. Take seeds out if you see them.
Bake uncovered for 15 minutes at 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Baking time of course depends on the thickness of weakfish fillet. I had two 4 oz fillets and 15 minutes was enough to cook it to perfection.
Dig in as soon as the fish is ready and hot! Add some freshly squeezed lemon juice, add you favorite side dish and enjoy.
My most favorite way to enjoy this weakfish recipe is with nice fresh garden salad. Chop juicy tomatoes, onions, cucumbers and bell peppers, Add chopped cilantro and olive oil. Salt and pepper to taste and its ready to enjoy.
You can also make a nice bowl of white or brown rice. Fish always goes well with some rice for dinner or lunch.
As for me, i placed enough cherry tomatoes on the baking dish to call it a side dish. They were so juicy and caramelized and they soaked some fish juices as well. Delicious! Add more vegetables to the fish before baking it if you want. Baked fish is also delicious with mashed zucchini. Very goods and healthy option (especially when zucchinis are in season).
Recipe tips and tricks
- To prevent fish from curling up, make little slits in the skin or cook fillets skin side down like i did.
- Internal temperature of all the way cooked fish is 145 degrees Fahrenheit. Use instant meat thermometer to check it or just make sure weakfish is flaky and opaque in color before taking a bite.
- Squeeze lemon juice on the fish before baking for more intense lemon flavor. You don’t want to overpower delicate fillet so don’t use too much.
- To make the clean up easy, just top baking dish with foil and lay fish right on it. When done, carefully take fillets out, you don’t want to penetrate foil and let juices go on the baking dish. No mess cooking!
What to do with weakfish recipe leftovers
Leftovers should be kept in the fridge for up to 4 days. Fish doesn’t really stay long fresh in the fridge so try to eat it quickly. Use an air tight container or secure a piece of foil right on top of the storage plate. Either way will work. Reheat in the oven or just simply in the microwave for 1 minute.
More seafood recipes you may like
- Air fryer stuffed clams
- Air fryer frozen tilapia
- Blackened blackfish recipe
- Baked whole turbot recipe
- Orange roughy recipe
- Bluefish recipe
Hope you will enjoy this weakfish recipe. Its not just an easy and time saving dish, weakfish is also very healthy! Enjoy at any time of the day.
- 2 weakfish fillets (4 oz each)
- handful of cherry tomatoes
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh baby dill
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1 teaspoon salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1/3 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 teaspoon olive oil (or olive oil spray)
- 1/2 lemon
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Rinse and pat dry weakfish fillets. Brush baking dish with olive oil and place fillets on top. Sprinkle with salt, pepper and white pepper.
- Arrange cherry tomatoes around the fish. Add dill and green onions on top of the fish. Thinly slice lemon and place on top of fillets.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 2 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 40Total Fat: 2gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 1062mgCarbohydrates: 5gFiber: 2gSugar: 2gProtein: 1g