These crispy and juicy frozen Beyond Burgers in air fryer are the perfect plant-based meal. Cooked from frozen, dinner is done in less than 20 minutes. Top these tender and full of flavor patties with your favorite toppings and serve for Meatless Mondays or as a delicious alternative to traditional beef burgers.
The Beyond Burger is a plant-based patty that is made to look, and taste like beef but is made entirely from plants. The main ingredients are pea and brown rice protein and vegetable oils. This is a great vegan and plant-based option if you are looking for an alternative to red meat, but still want the satisfaction of a juicy burger.
The newest version of their burgers has been reformulated to be meatier than before. There are cocoa butter and coconut oil specks in the patties to create the same marbling you would see in a traditional burger.
These air fryer beyond burgers tastes very similar to the real thing. Served with your favorite toppings and sides, the biggest meat-lover will enjoy this easy meal.
Can I cook a frozen Beyond Burger in air fryer
Absolutely. It is recommended that you thaw the patties first before cooking, but if you forgot to do so, you can cook them from frozen just like any other type of burger. The hot circulating air of the air fryer makes them brown and perfectly crispy in under 20 minutes, while still being juicy and tender on the inside.
The patties are done when they are golden on the outside and pinkish on the inside. Make sure that they reach an internal temperature of at least 165 degrees Fahrenheit. You can insert a meat thermometer into the center to check if you are unsure about the doneness.
Cooking instructions (overview)
Open the package and place burger patties in the air fryer basket. Spray with some olive oil spray (optionally) and cook for about 18 minutes. There is no need to shake the basket or flip burgers along the way. They will be cooked perfectly.
While patties are cooking, prepare all the ingredients to assemble burgers. When patties are ready, set them aside for a moment. If using cheese, add sliced cheese on top of patties after cooking time is over. It will melt on top of the hot patty by itself.
Get burger buns and add to the basket. Cook for couple minutes until lightly toasted. Add a mix of mayo and ketchup on to each bun. Add lettuce, tomatoes, sliced onions and patty itself. Top with another bun and your air fryer vegetarian burgers are ready!
Are they healthy
The Beyond Meat Burgers are 100% plant-based. These burgers are high in protein (about 20g per serving) and are filled with many vitamins and minerals. In addition to being vegan, the burgers are free from GMOs, soy, gluten, hormones, and antibiotics, making them suitable for many different diets and ways of eating.
Do I need to season the burgers
No need to season the burgers before cooking. They are already seasoned, just cook them like normal and serve with your favorite toppings and sides for a quick and easy family dinner.
How to thaw it
It’s best to thaw the Beyond Burgers in the refrigerator the night before you are ready to cook them. You can also thaw them in the microwave on the defrost setting in 30-second intervals. You will know that it is defrosted by pressing the center to make sure all the ice has melted. Make sure you don’t overcook the patties because the texture will be changed.
How long does it last in the fridge and freezer
Use your Beyond Burgers by the ‘best used by’ date on the front of the package. If you have an unopened package they have a self-life of 10 days in the refrigerator, if it is opened 3 days. In the freezer, they can last for 273 days.
- The Beyond Burger is a plant-based burger that is made to taste and look like beef, but is entirely made of plants.
- You can cook the patties in a few different ways – on the skillet, on a grill, in the oven, or air frying them. Beyond Meat does not recommend microwaving, boiling, or deep-frying them.
- It’s best to thaw your burgers in the refrigerator the night before cooking them. However, you can thaw them in the microwave on the defrost setting in 30-second intervals.
- The burgers are already seasoned but you can add salt and pepper to them if desired.
- No need to spray the patties with cooking spray, they have enough fat in them so that they won’t stick to the air fryer basket.
- Make sure you fully cook these frozen beyond burgers in air fryer before eating. The internal temperature should be at least 165 degrees Fahrenheit.
What is your favorite side dish for burgers? Right, probably fries or onions rings, crispy green beans or sweet potato fries. Make any if these sides and they will go very well with plant based burger. Choose a healthy way and make simple garden salad with arugula, cherry tomatoes and cucumbers.
What to do with Beyond Burger leftovers
Store air fryer Beyond Burger leftovers in the container with the lid on in the fridge for up to 5 days. Reheat in air fryer for 3 minutes on highest setting.
More air fryer recipes
- Air fryer scrapple
- Air fryer frozen fish fillets
- Air fryer frozen sausage
- Air fryer frozen tilapia
- Frozen stuffed clams in air fryer
- Trader Joe’s spatchcocked chicken in air fryer
- Ninja Foodi cornish hen
Hope you will like this recipe. Please rate if you tried it and leave a comment below if you have any questions!
- 2 frozen beyond burger patties
- 2 burger buns
- 1 tomato
- 1/2 onion
- 1 tablespoon mayo
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 2 slices cheese (optional)
- Cook frozen burger patties for 18 minutes at 400 degrees.
- Meanwhile slice tomato and onion.
- Once patties are cooked, add cheese on top of them (if using) and set aside. Toast buns in the air fryer for couple minutes until lightly toasted.
- Mix mayo and ketchup and spread on each bun. Add lettuce on top, patty, tomatoes and onions. Top with another bun.
- Cheese will melt on top of a hot patty.
- Slice tomatoes thinly, so it will not slide off the burger.
- If unsure that your burger is cooked all the way through, check its internal temperature. It should be 165 degrees Fahrenheit when fully cooked.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 2 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 575Total Fat: 35gSaturated Fat: 13gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 31mgSodium: 927mgCarbohydrates: 36gFiber: 5gSugar: 8gProtein: 33g