Air fryer scrapple is the recipe you absolutely need to try. Its very easy, not messy, fast and the result is delicious! Crispy on the outside and melt in your mouth tender on the inside. Learn how to cook scrapple in air fryer in this post and serve it on the piece of bread, with eggs, top with ketchup or maple syrup. An ultimate breakfast food.
Scrapple is made out of ground parts of pork mixed with cornmeal and wheat flour. Its shaped into a loaf, or a little brick looking piece. Offal is used to make a scrapple- pigs liver, heart, head and other trimmings. The consistency of the finale product is firm but mushy when heated and needs to be cooked at high temperature to get crispy.
How to cook scrapple in air fryer
Open the package and carefully transfer scrapple to the cutting board. Slice into about 8 even pieces, one piece would be 1 serving. Pieces should be about 1/3 or 1/4 inch thick, this will ensure proper cooking and browning.
Place pieces in the air fryer basket, spacing them out. For best results use air fryer liners. It will prevent scrapple pieces from sticking to the air fryer basket. Cook for 19 minutes or until scrapple pieces will become crispy on the outside and golden in color.
- Don’t overcrowd the basket. You need the hot air to circulate between pieces to get them cooked all the way through and get crispy.
- Cut the scrapple block in 8 even pieces. You can easily do it my cutting the block in half first, and than cut each half again in the middle. And than cut in half again.
- You can freeze scrapple and thaw it before cooking. Cooked slices can be frozen again and reheated in air fryer.
- If you cut the block in less or more pieces, change the cooking cooking accordingly.
- Spray pieces with olive oil spray halfway though cooking for extra crunch.
My kids enjoy this dish with maple syrup, its their favorite combination. I am used to eating all kinds of offal food and never had a problem with it. Scrapple contains all kinds of pork scraps and offal meat and that’s exactly how i like it. We don’t like to waste food here.
What to serve it with
Scrapple is usually served with condiments like ketchup, jelly, maple syrup, honey or mustard. I like to use it on a sandwich or spread on a piece of toast and top with maple syrup. Breakfast is the meal that scrapple usually served. Add eggs and potatoes and enjoy your delicious breakfast meal.
Store uncooked scrapple in the original package in the fridge or freeze it. Label the package with the date before storing. Cooked slices should be kept in the fridge in the food container for up to 5 days. Reheat in the air fryer for 4 minutes until crispy again.
You may also like…
I love to shop at Trader Joe’s. If you have this store anywhere around you, you will definitely need to check these recipes! Learn how to prepare Trader Joe’s spatchcocked chicken in air fryer, Trader Joe’s Mac and Cheese bites in air fryer and many more.
- 1 block of scrapple
- oil spray
- Open package and carefully pull scrapple out. Slice it in 8 even pieces.
- Spray air fryer basket with oil spray. Place scrapple slices inside, spacing them out.
- Cook at 400 degrees for about 18-20 minutes.
- For best results use air fryer liners. Scrapple is soft and mushy when fresh and may get stuck to the air fryer basket, even if its greased.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 30Total Fat: 3gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 3mgSodium: 34mgCarbohydrates: 1gFiber: 0gSugar: 0gProtein: 1g