Delicious meaty air fryer swordfish steak with mango citrus salsa recipe is very quick and easy to make. Ready in 10 minutes!
Is swordfish good to eat
Swordfish is rich in protein, Omega 3 , Zinc and B12. Don’t eat too much of it though because it contains high levels on Mercury. Once per week or once per two weeks it safe to eat.
Swordfish is usually sold frozen in big supermarkets slices into 1 inch steaks. You can also find it fresh at fish markets or online.
How to cook swordfish in air fryer
I like simple flavors so the only seasoning i used was salt and pepper. Freshly ground black pepper. Swordfish is a very mild tasting fish and its so easy to overpower its flavor with extra seasoning. Keep it simple.
Easy step by step instructions:
- First thaw your white fish steaks. If you bought it fresh then you are good to go.
- Season with salt and freshly ground pepper.
- Place in the air fryer basket, no need to preheat it. Cook at 400 degrees for about 10 minutes. That will be enough to cook the fish. But to be extra sure use the thermometer. The inner temperature should be at least 145 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Make salsa by shopping all the salsa ingredients and mixing it with lime and orange juice.
- Top your beautiful swordfish with fresh salsa and enjoy!
How do you know when the swordfish is done? You can easily poke it with the fork and the fish itself will turn opaque. Do not overcook it or it will become dry and tough. The best internal temperature for the cooked swordfish steak is 145 degrees Fahrenheit.
What goes good on swordfish
I love to try different toppings or marinates with this white fish. Here are some of my favorite:
- mango citrus salsa ( that’s what i used in this recipe)
- lemon butter
- chimichurri sauce
Air fryer recipes readers love:
If you are interested in more fish recipes, try this Oven baked whole catfish. Very easy and the clean up is breeze!
- 1 swordfish steak
- ½ mango
- ½ jalapeno
- ¼ onion
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- juice of ½ lime
- cilantro to taste
- salt and pepper to taste
- Season swordfish with salt and black pepper. Place in the air fryer and cook for 8-10 minutes at 400 degrees. No flipping necessary.
- Make citrus salsa: Chop mango, onion, jalapeno an cilantro in a medium bowl. Add orange and lime juices and stir to combine.
- Carefully remove fish form the air fryer, put on a plate and top with salsa. Enjoy!
- Easily double the recipe to make a meal for two people.
- Make it more or less spicy by adjusting the amount of jalapeno added.
- Look for swordfish that is white and red in color, not brown (when fresh) .That indicates that the fish is old
Nutrition Information:Yield: 1 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 442Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 83mgSodium: 548mgCarbohydrates: 65gFiber: 5gSugar: 55gProtein: 27g