Air fryer crispy lemon pepper chicken wings recipe that is keto, low carb and just so delicious you will not be able to stop eating. Dry rub gives it an incredible taste, enjoy it with your favorite dip or as is.
Wings are probably the best part of chicken for air frying. You can make the skin so crispy in a short amount of time, while leaving the meat juicy and tender.
Are wings actually low carb
Wings just like any other part of a chicken in low carb and keto. Skin has no carbs either. I prefer to keep the recipe simple but flavorful. Extra sauce will probably cause extra carbs so i only used lemon and spices in this recipe.
Chicken wings are pretty high in fat, one medium wings will have about 85 calories and 6 grams of fat. So if you are on weight watchers, try to remove skin or just low the amount of wings per serving.
- If you have extra time, marinate your chicken wings. It will add tons of flavor and will prevent them from drying out.
- Before placing wings in the air fryer, make sure to remove excess water with paper towel. It only needed if you are interested in extra crispy skin.
- Dint overcrowd the air fryer basket. You need air to circulate between wings properly. This is the best way to get crispy skin all over.
- Shake the basket once or twice. It will help create a crusty golden brown skin.
- If not sure when wings are done, use a instant thermometer to check the internal temperature. It should be at least 165 degrees because raw chicken is the last thing you want to eat.
Lemon pepper marinade
If you have a lemon pepper seasoning, use can just use that as a rub and enjoy! I prefer to go a bit further with it and use real lemons in my marinade and in a rub. For 10 wings sections i use a juice of one lemon and about 1 tablespoon of black pepper. Don’t forget about the same amount of salt.
Marinate for as long as you can, i would say one or two hours. If you only have 10 minutes, do that. Place wings in the ziplock bag (or a deep bowl) ,add juice and lemon slices, spices and close the bag, shake it and put in the fridge. If using a bowl, just mix it up, cover with a plastic wrap or a big plate.
You don’t need to cut wings into sections. Keep them whole if you like. My kids prefer smaller pieces that’s why i always chop mine and remove the very top part.
More chicken recipes you may like:
- 10 whole chicken wings
- 1 lemon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- Cut wings into segments if you prefer. Wash them and place in a zip lock bag. Juice the lemon right on top and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Close the bag , shake it and marinate for about an hour or at least 10 minutes.
- Remove wings from the bag and transfer to the air fryer basket. If you want extra crispy wings, pat dry them with paper towel before cooking.
- Cook for 20 minutes on 375 degrees Fahrenheit . Shake once or twice during cooking. Than cook for additional 5 minutes on the highest temperature setting (probably 400 or 420 degrees). It will help to crisp the skin.
- Serve immediately
Dont overcrowdthe basket. If you have a smaller air fryer, just make less wings at a time.
This recipe hase 0 carb and suitable for keto and low carb diet.
If you like garlic, add chopped garlic or garlic powder to the marinade for extra flavor and aroma.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 2 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 261Total Fat: 16gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 11gCholesterol: 134mgSodium: 1152mgCarbohydrates: 0gFiber: 2gSugar: 1gProtein: 23g