Ninja Foodi Possible Cooker Pro chicken is a very easy dish using lots of garlic and fresh rosemary. The aroma from this dish is amazing and fills the kitchen really quick. Whole fall apart chicken is ready in under two hours.
Also try my other Ninja Foodi Possible Cooker Pro recipes like Ninja foodi possible cooker pro pot roast, Ninja Foodi Possible Cooker Pro Mississippi pot roast or steamed snow crab legs (also made in Possible Cooker!)
The Ninja Foodi Possible Cooker Pro is seriously a game-changer in the kitchen. It’s like the cool new gadget everyone wants to get their hands on. It’s super easy to use, whether you’re a pro in the kitchen or just starting out. Plus, it makes dishes turn out awesome every time. So, ready to whip up something tasty with this bad boy? Let’s get cooking!
Whole chicken. I cut the chicken in pieces instead of cooking whole but you can or even spatchcock it.
Garlic. Its never too much garlic. Add 6 cloves of garlic but if you want more intense garlic flavor and aroma, add 10.
Onion. One whole onion, quartered or roughly sliced is added for flavor.
Spices. Salt, black pepper, smoked paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, couple springs of fresh rosemary, cumin, chicken bullion.
Olive oil. Used to sear chicken.
How to make Ninja Foodi Possible Cooker Pro chicken
Prepare the whole chicken. If the chicken is frozen, let thaw in the fridge overnight or longer if needed. Cut in segments like thighs, drumsticks, breast and wings.
Heat oil in PossibleCooker by pushing on SEAR button. Once the oil is hot, add chicken pieces and brown on every side. Add quartered onion and smashed garlic pieces.
Meanwhile prepare the spice blend. Combine salt, black pepper, smoked paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, couple springs of fresh rosemary, cumin, chicken bullion in a small bowl.
Cover chicken with spices and stir around. Close the lid and let it cook on SEAR for about 30-40 minutes. Then, press the BRAISE button and cook for another hour.
This recipe allows you to change the spices to your liking, or even adding sauce or marinade of your choice.
Substitutes and Variations
Whole chicken can be substituted for chicken thighs or chicken drumsticks. Also you can use whole quails in this recipe instead.
Use thyme instead of rosemary if desired. Fresh is always best but dried will do too.
Make use of the drippings to create a sauce or gravy. They’re packed with flavor and can enhance the dish tremendously. Pour gravy on top of mashed potatoes, noodles or steamy white rice (simple but favorite side dishes!).
Store leftover chicken in the air tight container with all the juices in the fridge for up to 4 days. Reheat in the microwave or on the stove on the pan.
You can also freeze leftovers in the freezer safe container or zip lock bag, making sure there is al less air as possible inside the bag. Store in the freezer for 2-4 months. Thaw in the fridge overnight before reheating.
- If you want to set and forget kind of recipe, sear chicken for 5 minutes (for color) and then slow cook on HIGH for 2-3 hours.
- To prevent chicken breast from drying out, you can remove it from the pot after the searing part is done in original recipe. Wrap in foil and place back after all the cooking is done.
- Add BBQ sauce for delicious BBQ chicken flavor.
- There is no need to add any water or broth to the recipes because chicken will give enough juices while cooking.
- The safest way to know if your chicken is cooked is by using a meat thermometer. Chicken is safely cooked when the internal temperature reaches 165°F.
More Ninja Foodi Family recipes
- Ninja creami chocolate ice cream
- Ninja creami mango sorbet
- Ninja Creami apple pie ice cream
- Ninja Foodi grill ribs
- Ninja Foodi sweet potato
- Ninja Foodi pot roast
Hope you will like this Ninja Foodi Possible Cooker Pro Chicken recipe as much as we do. Rate the recipe if you made it and leave a comment below if you have any questions or suggestions.
- 1 whole chicken, cut in to parts
- 1 onion, quartered
- 6 garlic cloves, roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- couple springs of fresh rosemary
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon chicken bullion
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Heat oil in the Possible cooker using Searing option. Add chicken pieces and sear until browned on each side. Add onion and garlic.
- Add all the spices and close the lid. Keep cooking on SAUTE for 40 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Press Braise and cook for another hour.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 287Total Fat: 16gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 88mgSodium: 1249mgCarbohydrates: 6gFiber: 1gSugar: 1gProtein: 28g