Incredibly easy dump and start chuck pot roast in Ninja Foodi recipe. Tender fall apart meat and aromatic root vegetables covered in rich beef broth, what could be better?
My favorite pressure cooker recipe. Why wait for hours for that perfectly tender pot roast on the stove or the oven? Ninja foodi will make the job done in an hour.
How do you cook a chuck roast in Ninja Foodi
This recipe is a perfect example of a dump and start recipe that needs minimum of preparation.
- Browning. Browning the meat is completely optional. It adds extra flavor but also take some time. In this recipe i browned the meat right in the Ninja Foodi pot on saute setting for about 5 minutes on each side.
- Seasoning. Seasoning is essential. You can use your favorite blend of spices or follow my directions. I added salt, black pepper, lots of garlic powder, some ketchup and spicy chili paste. The pot roast will not be spicy at all, the paste will just add more flavor.
- Pressure cooking. Now add water or broth and pressure cook the roast. 60 minutes will be enough for a 3 lb chuck roast, add 20 minutes more for any additional pound. If you want to cook potatoes whole, add them now. Slice carrots in big pieces and also add to the pot.
- Vegetables. If you cut potatoes in chunk and have baby carrots or small sliced carrots on hand, let the 3 lb pot roast cook for 40 minutes, then Quick release the pressure, add veggies and cook again for 20 minutes.
What do i love about this recipe
The best part is just how easy is it to make! A perfect dump and start recipe that is made in less ten an hour.
The dish is very inexpensive too. Root vegetables and meat are pretty affordable!
Another great part is that you can use any pressure cooker to make this recipe. Of course Instant Pot will be great for this chuck pot roast too!
Why chuck roast
When you are buying a chuck roast you are getting the most value for the money. The roast becomes so tender when cooked low and slow or quick under pressure like in this recipe. Another great cut of beef for pot roast is round top roast. It has less marbling but still very good and tender when cooked properly.
Is this recipe keto
This recipe can be keto or low carb if you take away potatoes and carrots. Instead, add more onions and celery. Try to add radishes, its a perfect substitute for potatoes.
More beef recipes from my site:
- 3 lb beef chuck roast
- 6-8 golden potatoes
- 2 big carrots
- 2 tablespoon ketchup
- 2 tablespoon spicy chili sauce
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 cups of water
- 3 teaspoon beef bullion
- 1 teaspoon oil
- Turn on saute button. Add some oil and chuck roast in to preheated inner pot. Brown for about 5 minutes on each side.
- Add other ingredients and close and lock the lid. Cook for 60 minutes on HIGH PRESSURE. After its done, let pressure release naturally for about 10 minutes and than quick release.
- Cook all the veggies at the same time with the meat only if the potatoes are whole or cut in big pieces and if you like kind of mushy consistency. If not, cook beef for 40 minutes and then add veggies and cook for another 20 minutes.
- If you choose to thicken the gravy, try this:
Take all the meat and veggies out and set aside. Turn the Ninja foodi to SAUTE. Make a slurry by mixing 1 tablespoon of cornstarch and 1 tablespoon of cold water.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 589Total Fat: 27gSaturated Fat: 11gTrans Fat: 2gUnsaturated Fat: 14gCholesterol: 143mgSodium: 290mgCarbohydrates: 40gFiber: 4gSugar: 4gProtein: 47g