Ninja foodi broccoli cheese soup will bring you comfort at any of the year. With just a handful of simple ingredients this delicious soup will be ready in less than 20 minutes.
Broccoli cheese is a delicious warming soup that can be eaten at any time of the year. You can use fresh or frozen broccoli and pretty much any vegetables you like in this ninja foodi soup. Carrots will add orange color so if you want this soup to be a little bit more colorful make sure to add carrots.
Starchy potatoes will add thickness to the soup. The more starch in potatoes, the more thick soup will be. You can adjust thickness simply by switching potatoes you use.
How to make Ninja Foodi broccoli cheese soup
What i love about this recipe most is that this is a one pot dish. Everything is cooked together in one pressure cooker inner pot which makes it so easy to clean after!
Heat some butter in the inner pot using Ninja Foodi SAUTE function. If you prefer oil instead of butter use olive oil. Saute onions for about 2-3 minute or until they will become fragrant.
Now its time to add your vegetables. Add broccoli, zucchini and potatoes. Feel free to skip potatoes and add carrots for example. Use you favorite vegetables! There is no strict proportions for this recipe, use only what you like. If you don’t like zucchini, switch it to more broccoli or mushrooms.
Add chicken or vegetable broth and close the lid. Lock it and make sure that the vent valve is set to SEAL. Pressure cook for 5 minutes and than quick release the pressure. 5 minutes is enough time for broccoli not to turn to complete mush while potatoes will be perfectly cooked.
Grab your immersion blender. You can use food processor if you don’t have immersion blender, it will just take longer to blend things and you will have more dishes to wash. Blend cooked vegetables into a thick delicious soup.
Add shredded cheese and cream. Stir until the cheese is melted. I did not have to turn the SAUTE again because everything combined very quick and the soup was thick. You may want to turn the SAUTE button if your cheese didn’t melt right away.
Recipe tips and tricks
- The cheese is not melting. This is a common problem in recipes that uses shredded cheese. Use only block cheese and shred in yourself. Store bought shredded cheese sometimes contain too much cellulose to prevent it from caking. That secret ingredient is preventing cheese from melting properly.
- You can use frozen broccoli in this recipe. I did and the soup turned out fabulous. There is no need to change cooking time if using frozen broccoli, it will be ready and perfectly cooked in the same time as fresh broccoli.
- What cheese to use. Use your favorite easy melting cheese. It can be sharp cheddar cheese, Monterey jack or any other cheese. I like to use cheddar or mix of cheddar and Colby cheeses in this Ninja foodi broccoli cheese soup.
- To prevent cream form curdling, heat it up in a microwave before adding to the hot soup. Cold cream will more likely to curdle that warm or hot one.
- You can substitute cream (half and half) for heavy cream if desired. This will add more creaminess to the soup but also will add calories and fat.
- Add a pinch of red pepper flakes in an adult bowl of soup. A little spice will be amazing in this soup. I added sriracha to my bowl too.
- Keep Ninja foodi broccoli cheese soup vegetarian by using vegetable broth instead if chicken or beef broth.
Can i make it in Instant pot
Absolutely! This recipe is suitable for any pressure cooker, no difference what the brand name is. After all pressure cooking process is the same and pressure time will remain the same as well.
Since its a soup all i can think about is adding crunchy warm garlic bread. Or flaming hot cheese bread straight out of the oven! Simple dinner rolls will work amazing with this dish too. You can dip it in soup (my kids favorite thing to do) and enjoy!
Well, if you have any leftovers, just cover the Ninja Foodi inner pot with foil or flat plate and store in the fridge for up to 3-4 days. To reheat easily place the pot back in to your pressure cooker and turn on SAUTE button. Stir to combine and eat. It will taste so fresh like you just cooked it.
More Ninja Foodi recipes
- Ninja Foodi cornish hen
- Ninja Foodi steamed broccoli
- Ninja foodi bacon wrapped pork tenderloin
- Ninja foodi Mississippi pot roast
- Ninja foodi split pea soup
- Ninja foodi crab legs
- 2 lb broccoli ( i used frozen)
- 1 large zucchini
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 2 medium potatoes
- ½ cup cream
- 2 cups shredded cheese
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 14 oz can chicken or vegetable broth
- Press on SAUTE button on your Ninja foodi. Add butter and chopped onions. Saute for couple minutes.
- Add broccoli, chopped zucchini and peeled and chopped potatoes on to the pot. Add broth and salt. Close and lock the lid. Pressure cook for 5 minutes.
- Quick release the pressure. Carefully open the lid. Using immersion blender, blend all the ingredients into the soup.
- Add cream and cheese and stir to combine. Add more cheese if you want and adjust the salt and black pepper to your preference.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 475Total Fat: 27gSaturated Fat: 14gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 94mgSodium: 1104mgCarbohydrates: 30gFiber: 7gSugar: 6gProtein: 32g