Got frozen crab legs? Don’t wait and reheat them in your ninja foodi pressure cooker with some lemons, chicken broth and corn on he cob. Delicious and healthy!
Most crab legs on the market are precooked and just need to be reheated. My favorite way to do it is using my pressure cooker. So easy and almost no mess. Just place the inner pot in to the washing machine after and you are done!
Do you need to thaw frozen crab legs before cooking
There is no need to thaw crab legs before pressure cooking it. They will stay super juicy when cooked right from frozen.
How to make crab legs in Ninja foodi or Instant pot
Here is a step by step instruction of how to make this delicious recipe. I also added some corn on the cob to the pot to complete the meal.
Pour chicken broth in your Ninja foodi inner pot. Use beef or vegetable stock if desired. Before i tried to add a splash of white wine as well but honestly, i didnt like the smell during cooking so much so i stopped using it. Flavor was good though.
Slice the whole lemon and add to the broth. Its an important step because lemon gives the crab meat that fragrant citrusy aftertaste.
To add even more flavor add a teaspoon of old bay seasoning. I don’t use a rack when making crab in pressure cooker. Don’t think its needed really. But of course place a rack if you feel like it.
Now its time to add crab! I used frozen Dungeness crab legs i purchased from the local store. Snow crab will fit very well too. Just place leg clusters on top of lemons right into the broth.
Cut corn in three segments each and add to the pot. It can sit right on top of the crab or you can mix it in.
Recipe tips and tricks
- Use nut cracker if you don’t have a crab cracker. Not a big deal really!
- Use melted butter for dipping. Add some lemon juice and garlic or extra flavor. Oh, ghee is so delicious here too!
- Add more seasoning for more intense flavor. 1 teaspoon of old bay seasoning creates mild flavor.
- This recipe will work for any pressure cooker. Ninja Foodi, Instant Pot, any other brand will work well.
- If you are cooking crab legs from fresh, just reduce the cooking time by 2 minutes. Instead of 4 minutes cook for 2 under pressure.
Needless to say i just love crab. What is more amazing is that my family loves it too. They like to crack crab legs and pull the meat out. Sometimes i make them do that for me)
More recipe to try:
- Ninja Foodi Salsa
- Ninja foodi cream cheese shredded chicken
- Chuck pot roast in Ninja Foodi
- Frozen sweet potato fries
- 2 clusters of crab legs
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 lemon
- 1 teaspoon bay seasoning
- 2 corn on the cob
- Add chicken broth in to the ninja foodi inner pot. Slice lemon and add to the broth. Add old bay seasoning.
- Place frozen crab legs right in the broth or on the rack*. Add cleaned and cut in three pieces corn on the cob.
- Close and lock the lid. Set pressure time to 4 minutes. Quick release after.
*I didn't use the rack
- Serve crab legs with melted butter.
- How to melt butter easy way. Place a piece of butter in the microwave safe bowl. Put in the microwave and set for 30 seconds. Thats it! If using the whole block of butter, heat for another 30 seconds.
- Use nut cracker to open legs if you dont ave a special tool.
- If prefer more spicy flavor, add more old bay seasoning. The amout listed in the recipe is for mild flavor
Nutrition Information:Yield: 2 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 250Total Fat: 4gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 74mgSodium: 2920mgCarbohydrates: 26gFiber: 4gSugar: 6gProtein: 31g