Melt in your mouth creamy and absolutely delicious ninja foodi cream cheese shredded chicken with bacon pressure cooker dish. Ready in under 20 minutes and goes very well with rice or noodles.
This recipe has many names- bacon cheddar ranch chicken, cream cheese shredded chicken or even a cr*ck chicken simply because its so addictive. I don’t like the idea of adding such words on my blog so we call this recipe by the ingredients that’s inside.
How to make Ninja Foodi cream cheese shredded chicken with bacon
This recipes requires a few steps for you to follow. Easy enough for a beginner.
- Place rinsed chicken breasts (yes, i wash chicken and all the meats before using it) in to the ninja foodi inner pot. Sprinkle with ranch dressing. Cut cream cheese in chunks and place on top as well. Add broth and cook under high pressure for 18 minutes. Quick release.
- While the chicken is cooking, make bacon. Just cook it until nice and crispy. Chop and leave aside. You can also use crumbled bacon from the store. Very convenient!
- Open the pressure cooker lid and take chicken out. I usually shred it just with two forks. Feeling fancy? Try to shred chicken breasts with the hand or stand mixer. Then add back to the pot, add cheese, green onions and bacon. Stir to combine.
What to serve it with
My favorite way to enjoy this pressure cooker cream cheese shredded chicken is over white or brown rice. Another great way is on the bun or as a sandwich. Or on a taco!
For my low carb readers, try to scoop some chicken on a lettuce leaf, add sliced onions and tomatoes.
Is this recipe keto
Yes it is! As i said earlier serve it on lettuce leaves for keto meal. Or you can totally use this shredded chicken as a dip! Make sure to shred it very well and maybe slice bigger pieces along the way. Dip it with cucumbers or celery.
Can i use frozen chicken
Actually you can. No need to adjust the cooking time, it will just take a bit longer for your ninja foodi pressure cooker to come to pressure.
Can you freeze it
Yes this dish can be frozen. Just place the chicken in the airtight container or ziplock bag and freeze for up to 3 months. I like to use a double bag to prevent freezer burn.
Make it in instant pot
Own an Instant pot? I have great news for you. Since its just another pressure cooker you will need to keep all the instructions the same. Both high pressure and both quick release after 10 minutes natural release.
More Ninja Foodi recipes to try
- Chuck pot roast in Ninja Foodi pressure cooker
- Frozen ranch chicken wings in air fryer
- Ninja foodi frozen sweet potato fries
I used to buy those little ranch packets from the store until i found out that Costco actually sells a huge pack of ranch in their spices aisle. Lasts forever!
- 2.5 lb chicken breast
- ½ cup water or chicken broth
- 4 oz cream cheese
- 7 slices bacon
- 1 cup shredded cheese*
- half package of ranch dry mix
- Add chicken and broth in ninja foodi pot. Sprinkle ranch on top and add cream cheese chunks. Close and lock the lid. Cook for 18 minutes on high pressure.
- Meanwhile cook bacon on the skillet until crispy. Let cool and chop.
- Once chicken is done, release the pressure naturally for 10 minutes and then quick release the pressure. Take the chicken out and shred it*.
- Mix the broth until smooth (use spatula or silicone whisk). Add shredded chicken, bacon, chopped green onions and shredded cheese. Stir again.
*I used cheddar cheese.
*use two forks, hands or even hand mixer for that.
Serve this dish over white or brown rice (that's what i did), over noodles or in a bun! For lighter version use lettuce leaves
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 525Total Fat: 25gSaturated Fat: 11gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 11gCholesterol: 213mgSodium: 714mgCarbohydrates: 2gFiber: 0gSugar: 1gProtein: 69g