Checkers frozen fries in the air fryer are so good! Taking only 15 minutes to cook, these famous seasoned fries are so crisp and crunchy with a wonderful fluffy interior. They are a super quick and easy side dish or snack that your kids will love served with your favorite sauces or dips!
Fries are always a hit. You may not always have the time or the patience to make homemade fries, so that’s why frozen fries are so convenient. I love to keep a bag on hand in my freezer for days when I’m short on time to cook something totally from scratch.
When cooked in the air fryer these frozen Checkers’ famous seasoned fries taste like they came straight from the restaurant. They are perfectly crispy and crunchy and it takes a fraction of the time it would take to cook in the oven.
These air fryer seasoned fries are truly a lunch or dinner lifesaver!
How to make checkers frozen fries in air fryer
Before starting, make sure the air fryer basket is clean and free of any debris. Begin by plugging in your air fryer and setting the temperature to 380°F. Allow it to preheat for about 3-5 minutes (optional). This preheating is essential for the fries to turn out crispy.
Next, take the Checkers frozen fries from their package and evenly spread them in the air fryer basket. They should be in a single layer for best results, and it’s okay if they overlap a little. Try not to stack them too much.
After positioning the fries, slide the basket into the air fryer and set your timer for 15 minutes. Around the halfway mark, or close to 7 minutes in, pull out the basket and give the fries a gentle shake or use tongs to flip them to ensure they brown evenly.
When the timer sounds at the end of 15 minutes, remove the basket and check the fries. They should have turned a lovely golden brown with a crisp exterior. If you like them even crispier, you can pop them back in for an extra 2-3 minutes.
Once they’re cooked to your satisfaction, transfer the fries to a serving dish, being cautious as they will be hot. Serve them right away, paired with your choice of sauce or dip. Whether you favor ketchup, mayo, or barbecue sauce, these fries are sure to please.
Always remember that different air fryers might cook slightly differently, so keep an eye on the fries, especially if you’re using a new or different machine.
What i love about this recipe
The great thing about this recipe is that all you need to do is put the fries into the air fryer, straight from frozen. There’s no preheating required, deep fryer, or excess oil needed, and you don’t have to heat up your whole house since we are using the air fryer.
These freezer fries take about 15 minutes to cook. They are very low-effort to make and are perfect for when you don’t feel like cooking.
Don’t thaw the fries first. These frozen fries will cook up better and have a crispier exterior if they are cooked straight from frozen.
Skip preheating. I barely ever preheat my air fryer before cooking anything. The air fryer has a great way of making your food crispy without this extra step.
Add as many as you like. Usually for air fryer recipes we don’t want to stack anything on top of each other. But when we are making frozen fried foods, this isn’t always the case. They will cook nicely even if you have a lot of fries in the air fryer basket.
Shake the basket. Halfway through the cooking process, it can be a good idea to shake the air fryer basket to ensure that everything is cooking evenly. This is especially important if you are cooking a good amount of the bag.
Cook your fries with shredded parmesan cheese or cheddar cheese to make cheesy air fryer fries.
This recipe is made with Checkers famous seasoned fries, but you could also try using their plain ones and seasoning the fries yourself before cooking. Garlic powder, onion powder, seasoning salt, dry ranch seasoning, or regular or smoked paprika are all great seasoning options.
Make loaded fries by topping them with shredded cheddar cheese and crispy bacon bits. Serve with ranch dressing or sour cream and chopped green onions.
My kids love having these seasoned fries with ketchup, but here are a few other ways to serve them.
- Homemade or store-bought BBQ sauce or Buffalo sauce.
- Ranch, mayo, chipotle mayo, sriracha, or garlic aioli dipping sauce. Their creaminess is great paired with the crisp fries.
- Regular mustard or honey mustard to give a sweet and tanginess to these air fryer fries.
- Serve these frozen checkers fries with your favorite meat or vegetarian burger. with fish sticks, chicken nuggets, or alongside your favorite baked chicken or fish dish.
- With grilled cheese sandwiches or deli sandwiches.
Frequently asked questions
This recipe is made for Checkers seasoned fries but really any frozen fries of a similar shape whether plain or seasoned can be used instead. If they are smaller/ thinner or larger/thicker make sure to add to or reduce the cooking time accordingly!
Nope! All you need to do is give the air fryer basket a shake halfway through the cooking process. The convection system of the air fryer will circulate the air without you having the flip the fries over.
Leftovers and storage
Store leftover fries in an airtight container or resealable plastic bag in the refrigerator. To maintain their crispness, reheat them in an oven or air fryer rather than a microwave. Consume within 1-2 days for the best texture and flavor.
You may also like…
- Trader Joe’s pesto chicken air fryer
- Trader Joe’s breaded chicken air fryer
- Air fryer flat iron steak
- Air fryer lamb meatballs
- Honey gold wing sauce
- Chicken lollipop air fryer
- Air fryer pork chop bites
Hope you will like this checkers frozen fries air fryer recipe as much as we do. Please rate the recipe if you made and leave a comment below if you have any questions or suggestions.
- ½ checkers famous seasoned frozen fries package
- your favorite dip
- Spread frozen fries in the air fryer basket.
- Cook at 380 degrees for 15 minutes. Shake the basket half way.
- Don't thaw the fries first. These frozen fries will cook up better and have a crispier exterior if they are cooked straight from frozen.
- Skip preheating. I barely ever preheat my air fryer before cooking anything. The air fryer has a great way of making your food crispy without this extra step.
- Add as many as you like. Usually for air fryer recipes we don't want to stack anything on top of each other. But when we are making frozen fried foods, this isn't always the case. They will cook nicely even if you have a lot of fries in the air fryer basket.
- Shake the basket. Halfway through the cooking process, it can be a good idea to shake the air fryer basket to ensure that everything is cooking evenly. This is especially important if you are cooking a good amount of the bag.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 3 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 151Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 5mgSodium: 197mgCarbohydrates: 16gFiber: 1gSugar: 0gProtein: 2g