Delicious Ninja foodi cranberry sauce that is tart and sweet at the same time. Top your favorite Thanksgiving turkey with it and use leftovers in sandwiches and quesadillas!
Cranberry sauce is a must on every Thanksgiving or Christmas table. Cranberries are in season now and you can find them fresh or frozen in every grocery store.
How to make Ninja foodi cranberry sauce
For this recipe you can use either fresh or frozen cranberries. No need to change the cooking time. Rinse cranberries under cold running water to remove any dirt and dry parts. Place them in to the Ninja foodi inner pot.
Squeeze orange juice and peel some of its skin using either a sharp knife or a grater. Add to the pot.
Sugar should be added on top of all ingredients. Close and lock the lid and set Ninja foodi to a high pressure for 2 minutes.
No need to quick release the pressure because cranberry might get foamy and will splash. Let it release naturally for about 10 minutes and carefully open the lid. Scoop ninja foodi cranberry sauce to the bowl and let it cool there. It will thicken naturally when it will get cooler.
Here you have it, your delicious cranberry sauce is ready to be served for Thanksgiving, Christmas or pretty much any other dinner. It will only be getting better overtime.
- Ninja Foodi cranberry sauce recipe can be doubles or tripled. The cooking time will remain the same.
- Choose plump cranberries when you are in the store. They should be firm to touch and kinda bounce back. Discard any soft cranberries.
- You can substitute white sugar to brown sugar, maple syrup or honey. The taste of the sauce will be different though.
- Add water to adjust cranberry sauce thickness. Just add some and stir until dissolved.
- You can substitute orange peel to lemon peel and add water instead of orange juice.
Can i make cranberry sauce without sugar
Yes, you can totally substitute sugar to maple syrup or honey. Keep in mind that this will produce a different flavor and your cranberry sauce will taste different.
You can store cranberry sauce leftovers in the fridge in the air tight container for up to 7 days. Possibly more but it never stayed that long in my house. Or you can simply put it in a bowl and cover with plastic wrap. As long as no air comes in it should be fine.
Also you can freeze cranberry sauce! Pour into a freezer safe ziplock bag and store in the freezer for up to 3 months. To prevent freezer burn i usually wrap it in 2 zip lock bags or pour sauce into a freezer safe container.
More Ninja Foodi recipes
- Ninja foodi turkey wings
- Ninja foodi butternut squash soup
- Ninja foodi broccoli cheese soup
- Ninja Foodi cornish hen
- Ninja foodi bacon wrapped pork tenderloin
- Pumpkin crab bisque
- Baked lemon pepper turkey tenderloin
- Slow cooker rabbit cacciatore
- Instant pot turkey thighs
- 3 cups cranberries
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- ⅓ cup orange juice (or water)
- 1 cup sugar
- Place all ingredients to the Ninja Foodi inner pot. Add sugar on top.
- Close and lock the lid. Pressure cook for 2 minutes. Natural release the pressure after.
- Stir and serve. The sauce will thicken as soon as it will cool.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 120Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 1mgCarbohydrates: 31gFiber: 1gSugar: 27gProtein: 0g