Garlic Parmesan air fryer pork chop bites are crisp, moist, and amazingly flavorful. The tender pork nuggets are lightly breaded then briefly cooked in the air fryer for a quick and easy dinner that’s ready to serve in under 30 minutes. This family-friendly recipe is sure to be a weeknight favorite!
You know a dish is going to be a winner when it starts with garlic Parmesan… And this Garlic Parmesan Pork Chop Bites recipe absolutely delivers! Also try my Bang bang salmon bites, so good!
It features tender pork chops cut into perfect little bite-sized bits that kids (of all ages!) love. To make them extra crispy, we coat them in a simple egg wash before tossing with a blend of Panko breadcrumbs, Parmesan cheese, and garlic. The breaded pork cubes cook for less than 15 minutes in the air fryer, and come out perfectly crunchy and fork-tender.
Serve these bites as a tasty pop-able snack or appetizer, with toothpicks for self-serving ease. Or enjoy with any number of side dishes for an effortless but fun and delicious dinner. They are delightful with both heavy comfort foods and healthy salads, and everything in between.
However you choose to enjoy, be sure to include your favorite sauces on the side for dipping. And don’t be surprised when the family requests this meal again and again!
Pork chops. 1-inch thick is best, so you can cut neat 1-inch cubes from the chops.
Eggs. To coat the bites before dredging in the Panko-Parmesan mixture.
Panko. Light, airy, and crisp breadcrumbs for just the right crunch.
Parmesan. Shredded cheese that browns well in high heat.
Garlic. Bold and aromatic, and delicious to pair with pork.
Salt and pepper. Classic spices to enhance all flavors.
Oil spray. Use your favorite high-heat air fryer cooking spray, like avocado or canola oil.
How to make air fryer pork chop bites
Alright, so we’re going to start by transforming our pork into bite-sized pieces. Grab your favorite knife and a cutting board and cut your pork into pieces that are about 1 inch in size. This might seem small, but it’s going to make it super easy for the pork to cook evenly and quickly. Plus, bite-sized pieces are just more fun to eat, right?
Now that we’ve got our pork all ready to go, we’re going to set up a sort of assembly line for coating it. You’re going to need two bowls for this. In the first bowl, you’re going to combine your eggs, minced garlic, salt, and pepper. Make sure to mix it really well so that everything is evenly distributed.
In your second bowl, mix together your shredded Parmesan cheese and Panko bread crumbs. This is going to give your pork pieces a really delicious and crunchy coating.
Alright, now comes the fun part! You’re going to take each piece of pork and first dip it into the egg mixture. Make sure that it’s fully coated and that there aren’t any dry spots. This egg mixture is going to act like a sort of glue that will help the Parmesan-Panko mixture stick to the pork.
Next, take your egg-coated pork piece and dip it into the Parmesan-Panko mixture. You’ll want to press the mixture onto the meat to make sure it sticks really well. Do this for all of your pork pieces.
Once you’ve got all of your pork pieces nicely coated, you’re going to get your air fryer ready. Spray the basket of the air fryer with some oil spray. This will help to prevent the pork from sticking.
Place your coated pork pieces into the basket, spreading them out so they’re not touching. This is important because if the pieces are touching, they might not cook evenly.
Now, it’s time to cook your pork. Put the basket into the air fryer and set the temperature to 400 degrees. You’re going to let them cook for about 6 minutes. The exact time might vary a bit based on your specific air fryer and thickness of the pork chop, so keep an eye on them. You want them to be golden brown and crispy.
And there you have it! A detailed guide on how to prepare delicious air-fried pork bites. Enjoy!
Substitutions and Variations
- To make this a gluten-free recipe simply use your preferred gluten-free breadcrumbs.
- Mix things up and add other spices to the garlic Parmesan pork chop bites. A pinch of Cajun seasoning, Italian seasoning, BBQ seasoning, or powdered ranch dressing mix are all tasty options! If using, add the spices with the garlic in the egg wash.
- Chops are the most economical cut of pork, and are slightly fattier and therefore great for air frying. However, pork tenderloin also cooks very well, and is likely to be moist and tender.
- Omit the Parmesan cheese or use a plant-based substitute if you prefer a dairy-free recipe.
- Line the bottom of the air fryer basket with a square of parchment paper. This keeps food from sticking, and makes cleanup much easier!
- For the crunchiest bites, cook them in a single layer without overlapping or crowding the basket.
- To make air fryer boneless pork chop bites either remove the bone from the piece of meat or buy already boneless pork chops.
Frequently asked questions
To get tender pork chop bites in the air fryer you need to use chops that are nice and thick, so you are able to cut out generous 1-inch cubes.
Coat the bits of pork well in the egg, garlic, and seasoning mixture. Then dredge in the Panko-Parmesan mixture so that they are totally and evenly crusted. An even, thick coat will help to ensure that the pork doesn’t get too dry when air frying.
Lastly, cooking at just the right temperature is key for the most moist and delicious garlic Parmesan pork chop bites. Not hot enough and the meat will be underdone; too hot and they become tough. Follow our recipe below for the perfect cooking temperature and time!
Yes you can! The breading and cooking process is the same, but they will likely need another 5 minutes or so in the fryer. Also, note that frozen chops are much more difficult to cut into cubes.
Pork needs to be cooked to 145 degrees before it’s safe to enjoy. I suggest using a meat thermometer to check for doneness.
- Garlic Butter Green Beans: Sauté fresh green beans in a bit of butter, minced garlic, salt, and pepper for a quick, flavorful veggie side.
- Classic Mashed Potatoes: Boil some peeled potatoes until they’re soft, then mash them up with some butter, milk, and a bit of salt and pepper.
- Coleslaw: You can buy pre-made coleslaw from the store, or make your own with shredded cabbage, carrots, and a creamy dressing.
- Baked Sweet Potato Fries: Cut sweet potatoes into fry shapes, toss with olive oil, salt, and pepper, then bake until crispy.
- Easy Mac and Cheese: This could be as simple as a box mix, or you can make your own with cooked macaroni, shredded cheddar cheese, and a bit of milk and butter.
- Tomato Cucumber Salad: Mix together chopped tomatoes, cucumbers, olive oil, vinegar, and a sprinkle of salt and pepper for a refreshing salad.
To store the this air fryer pork chop bites, let them cool completely, then place them in an airtight container and store in the refrigerator. They should be consumed within 3-4 days.
When it’s time to reheat them, instead of using microwave you can use your air fryer. Preheat the air fryer to 350°F and spread the pork bites in the basket, make sure not to overcrowd them. Heat them for about 2-3 minutes or until they’re warmed throughout.
Using the air fryer will help maintain the crispiness of the pork bites. Remember, microwaving isn’t the best option for reheating because it can make your delicious bites a bit soggy. Do not overheat though or they will become dry.
You may also like
- Air fryer frozen tuna steaks
- Capon recipe
- Ostrich steak recipe
- How to make turkey wings fall off the bone
- Baked pork neck bones
More air fryer recipes
- Air fryer lamb meatballs
- Bison meatballs in air fryer
- Salt and pepper chicken wings in air fryer
- Air fryer duck
- Bone marrow in air fryer
Hope you will like this garlic parmesan pork chop bites in air fryer as much as we do. Please rate the recipe if you made it and leave a comment below if you have any questions or suggestions.
- 4 pork chops
- 1 egg
- 1 cup Panko
- 1 cup Parmesan
- 2 garlic cloves, minced ( or 1 tablespoon garlic powder)
- ½ teaspoon salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- oil spray
- Cut pork in about 1 inch pieces.
- Mix eggs with minced garlic, salt and pepper in one bowl. Mix shredded Parmesan cheese with Panko in another bowl.
- Dip all the pork pieces on the egg mixture, make sure they are all coated. Then one by one dip them in Panko-Parmesan mixture, pressing the mixture in to the meat.
- Spray air fryer basket with oil spray. Place pork chop pieces in the basket and put it in the air fryer.
- Cook at 400 degrees for 5-6 minutes.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 475Total Fat: 27gSaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 14gCholesterol: 213mgSodium: 915mgCarbohydrates: 14gFiber: 1gSugar: 1gProtein: 42g