Ninja Foodi grill lamb chops are tender, juicy, and full of smoky flavor! Tasty lamb chops are marinaded with fresh herbs and minced garlic and then cooked until they are juicy with just a hint of char. You won’t believe how easy it is to prepare these grilled lamb chops at home using your Ninja Foodi Grill.
Grilling can be a time-consuming and intimidating process if you’ve never done it before, but it doesn’t have to be! Made indoors and much easier to use than a traditional grill, this Ninja Foodi Grill lamb chops recipe is simple to put together and the best part is that these chops only take 10 minutes to cook.
Mouthwateringly delicious these lamb chops are restaurant-quality but are made easily from the comfort of your own home.
Lamb is a very healthy red meat and it is known for its distinctly earthy and slightly gamey flavor. When grilled with fresh chopped rosemary, minced garlic, and olive oil it becomes a tasty and flavorful main dish perfect for quick and easy weeknight meals.
For this recipe, I used my Ninja Foodi XL Grill but any indoor grill would work just as well.
Lamb chops. 3 bone-in lamb chops. If using frozen make sure to thaw overnight or in a bowl of cold water before cooking for best results.
Salt and black pepper. A little bit of seasoning to taste. Freshly ground black pepper gives the best flavor compared to preground.
Garlic. Gives a strong garlic aroma that pairs well with lamb and fresh herbs.
Herbs. Freshly chopped rosemary sprigs. The strong earthy flavor of the rosemary perfectly complements the gamey flavor of lamb.
Olive oil. Helps to give a nice sear on the lamb chops and extra flavor to the meat.
How to make Ninja Foodi grill lamb chops
If the lamb chops are frozen, make sure to fully defrost them first. Do not cook lamb while its still frozen. Leave chops in the fridge overnight to thaw or just on the kitchen counter for a few hours.
Mix all the ingredients (salt, freshly ground black pepper, minced or finely chopped garlic and chopped fresh thyme) in the zip lock bag, add lamb chops, olive oil and marinate in the fridge for at least 30 minutes.
Preheat Ninja foodi XL grill for about 10 minutes (by selecting Grill and Max buttons). Place lamb chops on the grill grate. Close grill hood and cook for 5 minutes on each side. It will smell amazing!
Tips for cooking lamb
Don’t overcook it. If you overcook lamb it can have a stronger gamey flavor. The best way to check for doneness is to use a meat thermometer. The Ninja Foodi XL Grill actually comes with a built-in thermometer, so you can easily monitor the temperature so your chops don’t overcook.
Allow your chops to rest before serving. Resting allows the meat to reabsorb the juices evenly leading to juicer lamb chops. If cut right after cooking the juices run out causing the meat to be dry.
Marinade your chops for as long as possible. Lamb chops are delicious by themselves but marinating infuses them with an extra layer of flavor.
Herbs. Use freshly chopped sage or thyme instead. If you are in a pinch you can substitute with dried herbs.
Lamb chops. You can use rib, loin, or shoulder lamb chops. Shoulder chops are very flavorful and they cook the fastest. Rib chops come from a rack of lamb and loin chops look like T-bone steak, they are lean with very tender meat.
Add more flavor by using your favorite seasonings. A mix of fresh herbs such as mint, parsley, or cilantro, grated lemon zest, Creole seasoning, or smoked paprika would be tasty ways to season these Ninja grilled lamb chops.
Cayenne pepper or red crushed pepper flakes add an extra hint of flavor while giving a nice kick of spice.
Frequently asked questions
Temperature plays an important role in achieving tender lamb chops. If they are undercooked they tend to be chewy and overcooked chops are tough and dry. Another factor is if you are using fresh or frozen chops. Cooking meat directly from frozen can cause the final result to be a bit more on the chewier side.
Bold flavors complement the natural earthy and gamey flavors of lamb. I love to season it with fresh rosemary, thyme, oregano, mint, or sage. Minced garlic, lemon juice, ground cumin, or extra virgin olive oil are great go-to seasonings as well.
Yes, preheating your Ninja Foodi Grill is similar to cooking on a traditional grill. It will give you those distinctive grill marks and will ensure that your food cooks as evenly as possible.
Any kind of salad will be delicious with the lamb. Try to use arugula or spinach in your salad, along with cherry tomatoes and fresh cucumbers.
Mashed potatoes is my all time favorite side dish for any lamb meals. Rice or roasted vegetables will be a great side as well. Also try to make roasted vegetables or couscous.
- Refrigeration: The best way to store leftover ninja foodi grill lamb chops is in the refrigerator. Place the lamb in an airtight container or wrap it tightly in plastic wrap or aluminum foil. This will help to prevent the lamb from drying out and will keep it fresh.
- Timing: If you plan to eat the leftover lamb within the next two to three days, it’s safe to store it in the refrigerator. If you don’t plan to eat it within that timeframe, you can freeze it for longer storage.
- Freezing: To freeze leftover lamb chops, wrap it tightly in plastic wrap or aluminum foil, then place it in an airtight freezer-safe container. Label the container with the date and contents, and store it in the freezer for up to six months. Frozen leftover lamb can be thawed in the refrigerator or by placing it in cold water.
- Reheating: To reheat leftover lamb chops, it’s best to do so in the oven, air fryer or on the stovetop. Avoid using the microwave, as this can cause the lamb to become tough and chewy.
- Safety: It’s important to follow proper food safety guidelines when storing leftover lamb. Always refrigerate or freeze leftover lamb within two hours of cooking, and make sure that it’s heated to an internal temperature of at least 165°F before eating.
You may also like…
- Ninja Foodi grill lobster
- Ninja creami chocolate ice cream
- Instant pot neck bones
- Ninja Foodi baked sweet potato
- Air fryer lamb steaks
- Lamb liver recipe
- Lamb heart stew
- Air fryer pheasant
- Air fryer neck bones
Hope you will like this Ninja Foodi grill lamb chops recipe as much as we do. Rate the recipe if you made it and leave a comment below if you have any questions or suggestions.
Ninja Foodi grill lamb chops
Ninja Foodi grill lamb chops are tender, juicy, and full of smoky flavor! Tasty lamb chops are marinaded with fresh herbs and minced garlic and then cooked until they are juicy with just a hint of char. You won't believe how easy it is to prepare these grilled lamb chops at home using your Ninja Foodi Grill.
- 3 lamb chops
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped or minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary or thyme
- Mix all the ingredients in the zip lock bag, add lamb and marinate in the fridge for at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat Ninja foodi XL grill for about 10 minutes (by selecting Grill and Max buttons).
- Place lamb chops on the grill grate. Close grill hood and cook for 5 minutes on each side.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 3 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 210Total Fat: 16gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 49mgSodium: 220mgCarbohydrates: 1gFiber: 0gSugar: 0gProtein: 16g
Leave a Reply