This London broil slow cooker recipe with ranch is so easy and doesn’t require much time to prepare. Cooked with dry ranch dressing and pepperoncini peppers, this crock pot London broil dinner is very filling and delicious. Our whole family loves it!
I love when this dish is cooked low and slow, you can start this recipe in the morning before going to work and come back to a delicious dinner. The house will smell absolutely amazing and the whole family will be full and happy after the dinner.
- London broil steak. In this recipe we are obviously using London broil steak which is reflected in the name of the post. Try to get fresh meat, but frozen will work as well. Thaw is overnight in the fridge or on the counter for a few hours.
- Ranch. I use dry ranch powder but you can definitely use about 1 cup of ranch dressing instead.
- Brown gravy. This gravy is sold in small paper sealed packs in pretty much any grocery store.
- Butter. Needed in this crock pot London broil recipe to create that melt in your mouth texture since London broil cut doesn’t have much fat in it.
- Pepperoncini peppers. They add a nice pleasant spice kick . Become soft when cooked and extra delicious when soaked in gravy.
How to make London broil slow cooker recipe with ranch
Rinse steak with cold running water and pat dry with paper towels. Heat oil in the large skillet. Brown meat in the pan on both sides for about 2 minutes each side. You need the meat to be well browned but not burned.
Browning process is important and adds lots of extra flavor to the dish. If you think you don’t have time for this you can skip this step as the final dish will be delicious either way. I didn’t brown steak this time as you can see in the pictures. The flavor was still fabulous!
Transfer steak to the crock pot and add all other ingredients. Season steak first with ranch and brown gravy mix and than place butter on top. Peppers can be arranged around meat or on top as well. No extra liquid is need since the butter will melt and steak will release lots of juices.
Also no other spices are needed in this crockpot London broil recipe. Since ranch dressing has a very rich flavor. Brown gravy will thicken juices and also has a ton of flavor in it. If you like mushrooms you can substitute brown gravy to mushroom gravy.
Cook on Low for 8 hours or on High for 5. If you want London broil to cook faster, cut it in large chunks. This way you can cut cooking time by an hour or two. I do this all the time to speed up cooking process.
London broil steak is not the only one cut of meat you can use in this recipe. Chuck roast is my other favorite cut that is amazing when slow cooked. Pretty much any tough cut of meat will do great in crock pot and will come out tender. Bottom round and top round is a great choice too.
Brisket is more expensive but delicious meat for any slow cooker creations. I will stick to cheaper cut due to its price and availability. After all the meat will be so tender and juicy either way.
Besides beef you can use pork or chicken. Get a pork shoulder and you will have delicious shredded pork dinner with ranch and a spice kick. Chicken thighs (boneless) are great since they have some fat in them, but chicken breast will work too. It will soak up all the flavors and will be juicy.
Cook it in oven
Mississippi London broil roast is easy to make in the oven. Preheat oven to 300 degrees Fahrenheit. In the large skillet heat the oil and brown meat on both sides. Transfer to the roasting dish. Add the rest of the ingredients right on top. Top the dish with lid or foil. Bake for 3 hours or until the meat is shredded easily, covered.
Cook it in pressure cooker
Any pressure cooker will work (Instant pot, Ninja Foodi etc…). Heat oil in pressure cooker using saute button. Sear London broil for 3 minutes on each side. Cut meat in smaller chunks and add o your pressure cooker.
Add other ingredients PLUS 1/2 cup of water, close and lock the lid. Pressure cook (high pressure) for 80 minutes. Naturally release the pressure for 15 minutes than quick release the rest. Shred and serve.
What to serve it with
My favorite way to eat slow cooker London broil steak is of course with mashed potatoes. They are so creamy and the gravy just pairs so well with it! Try to make sweet mashed potatoes or even mashed zucchini.
My second favorite is plain white rice.
Rice soaks all the steak juices and becomes extra delicious. On the picture below there is a slow cooker London broil steak served with brown rice and quinoa mixed together. Also a great option!
More healthy side dish options are steamed or roasted asparagus, Brussels sprouts or some broccoli. These will be nice for a late dinner or just a low carb meal.
Do not forget to top cooked meal with chopped green onions or chopped cilantro. It will brighten colors and great for additional flavor.
Frequently asked questions
Yes, this meal is also called Mississippi pot roast London broil recipe. Also can be made with a wide variety of meat.
You can add vegetables like potatoes or carrots when about three hours of cooking left. Just close the lid and keep cooking.
This step is optional but browning will lock all the juices and flavors and will improve the taste f the steak. I didn’t brown it this time but still was absolutely delicious!
Butter is used to add richness to the broth and to the meat. If you are counting calories you can skip it. I do not recommend it though.
If you have leftovers, transfer them to an air tight plastic or glass container and place it in the fridge. It will stay fresh for up to 5 days. Reheat in the microwave for 1-2 minutes, until heated through.
You may also like…
- Ninja Foodi pot roast
- Crockpot chicken Francese
- Easy slow cooker rabbit cacciatore
- Slow cooker beef heart stew recipe
- Pig feet recipe
- Turkey necks in crock pot
- Slow cooker beef heart
- Beef liver stew
Hope you will like this London broil slow cooker recipe with ranch just like we do. Please rate the recipe if you made it and leave a comment below the recipe card if you have any questions or suggestions.
London broil slow cooker recipe with ranch dressing
This London broil slow cooker recipe with ranch is so easy and doesn't require much time to prepare. Cooked with dry ranch dressing and pepperoncini peppers, this crock pot dinner is very filling and delicious. Our whole family loves it! This meal is also called Mississippi pot roast London broil so don't get confused!
- 2 lb London broil
- 6 pepperoncinis
- 1 package ranch dressing
- 1 package brown gravy
- 1/2 stick butter
- 1 teaspoon oil
Slow cooker instructions
- Add oil to the large skillet and heat on medium. Brown meat for about 3 minutes on each side. Transfer to the crock pot.
- Place all the ingredients in the slow cooker.
- Cook on HIGH for 5 hours or on LOW for 8 hours.
- Shred the meat and serve
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- Brown meat in the large skillet with oil for about 3 minutes on each side.
- Transfer meat to the roasting dish.
- Add other ingredients and cove the dish with lid or foil.
- Cook for 3 hours.
- Shred and serve
Pressure cooker instructions
- Heat oil in pressure cooker using saute button. Sear London broil for 3 minutes on each side. Cut meat in smaller chunks and add o your pressure cooker.
- Add other ingredients PLUS 1/2 cup of water, close and lock the lid.
- Pressure cook (high pressure) for 80 minutes.
- Naturally release the pressure for 15 minutes than quick release the rest.
- Shred and serve.
- London broil can be substituted for a different cut of meat. Chuck roast, Bottom round, top round etc...
- Store leftovers in the fridge in the air tight container for up to 5 days. Reheat in the microwave.
- Serve with mashed potatoes, over rice or with vegetables. Its also delicious to dip bread in gravy!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 572Total Fat: 39gSaturated Fat: 17gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 18gCholesterol: 198mgSodium: 1402mgCarbohydrates: 6gFiber: 1gSugar: 3gProtein: 47g
Leave a Reply