Super crispy and delicious air fryer turkey wings recipe is full of cajun flavors. Ready in less then 30 minutes this wings are amazingly juicy inside and crunchy on the outside.
I used to eat only chicken wings before i tried turkey wings. The wing is so big it can feed you by itself! Of course they take longer time to prepare because they are bigger but the flavor is unbeatable.
Air fryer is one of the best way to prepare wings without any extra oil and so quick.
Where to buy turkey wings
If its not around Thanksgiving, sometimes its hard to find fresh wings in grocery stores. I bought mine in local supermarket, fresh. Look in the meat and poultry fridge and also check the freezer section.
If you still can’t find it anywhere, purchase one online. There is a large variety of stores online you can buy poultry from, depending on where you live.
Its easy to thaw just turkey wings compare to the whole turkey. You don’t have to defrost it for days. Just pull wings out of the freezer the night before and let it thaw in the fridge overnight.
There is also a quicker way to do that. Just leave wings on the counter for couple hours. They might loose some juices but this method is great if you are in rush.
How to make air fryer turkey wings
Ger 2 turkey wings and cut them into sections. You will need to cut between bones with a very sharp knife. It can get a little tricky because turkey wings are different from chicken wings.
So, once that is done place wings in the medium size bowl. Drizzle them with some olive oil. Prepare the marinade- to a small plate add salt, black pepper, smoked paprika and Cajun seasoning. Mix it together and pour over the turkey.
Rub it in turkey really well, stirring all around the bowl. The final touch to the marinade is a squeeze of hot sauce. This step is optional but we like it spicy. You can use any red chili sauce or sriracha will work just fine.
Mix it with turkey wings. Now, cover the bowl with clean wrap and leave in the fridge for an hour to marinate.
Get you air fryer ready. Take wings out of the fridge and place them in the air fryer basket. Do not overlap and don’t place them too close to each other. You need the air to circulate between to properly cook wings and crisp the skin.
Cook for 30 minutes. In the middle of cooking shake the basket. Be careful they will be super hot when done.
You can keep leftovers for 4 day in the fridge in the air tight container. To reheat just place wings back to air fryer. Reheat at 400 degrees for about 5 minutes until hot and crispy.
Recipe notes and tips
- Adjust the amount of hot sauce to your liking. My favorite hot sauce to add to this air fryer turkey wings recipe is Sriracha. I also had great results with Huy Fong chili sauce.
- Don’t skip marinating process if you can. Letting wings soak in spices for one hour or more will make them more flavorful and tender.
- Watch the internal temperature. Try not to go over 165-170 degrees Fahrenheit for best results. Turkey wings are high in fat but its still possible to overcook them and end up with dry meat.
- Wings tips are not necessary to use. They become really crunchy when air fried but there is almost no meat in them. You can safe them and add to chicken stock or any other soup you are making. They will make any broth rich and extra flavorful.
Serve this delicious wings with garden salad, or on the bed of green leaves. Well, you don’t have to go that healthy and make creamy mashed potatoes. Oh they will be so good together!
A bowl of plain white rice is great with turkey as well. And super easy to make! My kids like to enjoy turkey with grilled corn, fresh cucumbers and sauteed zucchinis. Pick you favorite side and have a great dinner.
More turkey recipes
- Baked turkey wings
- Air fryer turkey thighs
- Instant pot turkey thighs
- Instant pot turkey legs (drumsticks)
- Air fryer turkey tenderloin
- Instant pot turkey juicy breast
No matter if you are making these air fryer turkey wings recipe for holidays like Thanksgiving or Christmas or just for weekday dinner, they are delicious! Its great how you can create such an amazing dish with just a handful of simple ingredients. Also try my delicious Air fryer wings recipe. Made with chicken wings but can be adjusted to turkey.
- 2 turkey wings
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 2 teaspoon cajun seasoning
- Drizzle of olive oil
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce (optional)
- Rinse turkey under cold water. Pat dry. Place in the bowl and drizzle some oil on top.
- Mix all the spices in a small plate and cover turkey wings with them. Add hot sauce if using and mix it all together very well.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and put it in the fridge to marinate for 1 hour.
- Remove turkey wings from the bowl using tongs . Place them in air fryer and cook at 400 degrees for 30 minutes. Shake the basket in the middle of cooking.
- Always check the internal temperature using instant meat thermometer. All the way cooked turkey internal temperature should be 165 degrees.
- Adjust the amount of hot sauce to your liking. I used sriracha sauce and i love it!
- WIngs tips are optionla inthis recipe. You can cut them off and use in stocks or soupd. When air frier they become extra crunchy and there is almost no meat in them. I like a good crunch though!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 2 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 497Total Fat: 30gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 20gCholesterol: 151mgSodium: 2257mgCarbohydrates: 2gFiber: 1gSugar: 0gProtein: 51g