Easy and quick cauliflower Florentine recipe that is keto, low carb and vegetarian. You will love how easy this recipe is, with its affordable ingredients and delicious taste. Great side dish or as a whole main dish.
What does Florentine style mean?
In this recipe and other recipes that refer to Italian style main dish, this means that it contains spinach.
Spinach is usually simmered in butter in these dishes. Sometimes grated cheese is also added in to those dishes.
Keto Cauliflower Florentine ingredients
- Cauliflower. I used fresh cauliflower. Dont see any problem using frozen vegetable, just cook it for couple minutes longer
- Spinach. Baby spinach or regular spinach, it doesn’t really matter.
- Butter. Pasture raised will be best.
- Broth. If you want to keep the dish vegetarian, use vegetable broth. Its totally a personal preference.
- Spices. Here i used simple spices like salt, pepper and garlic
- Cream. Heavy cream is the best but you can totally use half and half instead. Even milk will work but the sauce will not be as creamy.
You can make this recipe just like its written in the recipe card. OR you can cook it according to my step by step photos. I first sauteed cauliflower, that set it aside and cooked spinach with butter separately.
Added cream and then combined it with cooked cauliflower. Both instructions are right, so its up to you.
Keto or low carb diet should not be boring. There is SO MANY RECIPES for it! Cauliflower is the queen of KETO, so as zucchini. They are naturaly low in carbs and super easy to cook. Try my Keto meatball casserole with zucchini or Keto cauliflower taco casserole. They are so good and will keep you full for a long time.
If you prefer your low carb Florentine creamy, make sure to use heavy cream and not regular milk. If you feel fancy, add some grated Parmesan cheese, at the same time you add cream.
Cooking Florentine on the skillet is as easy as baking it in the oven.
Low carb cauliflower spinach bake
For the oven version just use casserole dish and add all the ingredients at the same time. Bake at 400 degrees for about 15 minutes.
Why i create al this low carb recipes? Because they delicious and help you lose weight! Who doesn’t like that. Stay tuned for more yummy keto recipes on my blog.
- 1/2 head of cauliflower
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 2 cups spinach
- Cut cauliflower in small pieces. Add broth into the pan and heat it up. Add cauliflower and sautee for 3-4 minutes over medium heat until lightly soft.
- Add butter and spices. Add spinach, mix it in and let it cook for couple minutes. Add cream and let lightly simmer for another minute. Do not boil.
1. Cauliflower can be fres or frozen .If you decidedto used frozen, add couple minutes to te cooking time.
2. aby spinach works best in te recipe. Its small and makes stirring easier. If its not available, just use regular spinach like me.
3. If you like it cheesy, add grated parmesan at the step with the cream. Buy parmesan in blocks (Costco as one for a good price) and grate is yourself (you will need about 1/3 cup)
Nutrition Information:Yield: 3 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 272Total Fat: 24gSaturated Fat: 15gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 71mgSodium: 1052mgCarbohydrates: 12gFiber: 5gSugar: 5gProtein: 7g