Easy Ninja Foodi beef ribs recipe with dr.Pepper is so simple and require just few ingredients. Brushed with BBQ sauce these delicious ribs will be you centerpiece at the dinner table.
Dr.Pepper gives these recipe extra sweetness beloved by so many people. Want to make a dinner for the whole family or having friends over? Try this Pressure cooker beef short ribs recipe!
How to make Ninja Foodi beef short ribs
This recipe i so easy and doesn’t really require step by step pictures. I still made some to show you the process in detail.
Open the package and take out ribs. I usually rinse any meat with cold running water to make sure its clean and ready to be used. Place clean beef ribs in Ninja Foodi. Optionally brown them in a little amount of oil. I skipped that step.
Add dr.Pepper to your ribs. Add salt and pepper. Close and lock the lid. Cook on high pressure for 50 minutes. This time will be enough for the meat to get very tender but still attached to the bone.
Quick release the pressure and carefully open the lid. Drain most of the liquid and change lids. Now we are going to brush beef ribs with BBQ sauce. Add as much sauce as you like.
Broil using AIRCRISP lid for about 5 minutes. The time depend on how browned you want your ribs to be. Either way it will be delicious!
Other pressure cooker beef ribs directions
Ninja Foodi is a pressure cooker so if you have Instant pot or any other brand, you can totally make it there. Follow the same exact directions except the last step. Other pressure cookers don’t usually have a CRISPLID so you will need to finish beef back ribs in the oven broiler.
Recipe tips and tricks
- You can easily double or triple the recipe. The cooking time will remain the same.
- If you are not a fan of dr.Pepper try to use different soda. This recipe will work great with coca cola or pepsi. This is all about personal preference.
- In the recipe i used beef short ribs. If all you have is beef back ribs that’s ok! Just use that and don’t change anything in the original recipe. They should be cooked in the same amount of time.
- Optionally cook ribs in the trivet. Place trivet inside Ninja Foodi and than place ribs in it. You can also use the air fryer basket.
How do i know if my pressure cooker ribs are done
Ribs are done when they reach internal temperature of 165 degrees Fahrenheit. It important to stick the thermometer into the thickest part of actual meat without touching the bone. Bone will always have a higher temperature and will make your testing inaccurate.
Serve this delicious Ninja Foodi beef ribs with plane white rice. Rice will soak up the juice and it will be delicious.
Creamy garlic mashed potatoes are great for this dish. Make a fresh garden salad with tomatoes, cucumbers, red onions and bell peppers. Beef always pair well with fresh vegetables.
Store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 days. You can freeze it for a few months and than thaw in the fridge overnight. Reheat in the microwave.
More Ninja Foodi recipes
- Ninja Foodi frozen turkey breast
- Ninja Foodi beets
- Ninja foodi Southern green beans
- Ninja Foodi turkey tenderloin
- Ninja foodi potato salad
- Ninja foodi cranberry sauce
- 1 1/2 pounds beef short ribs
- 15 oz dr pepper
- 3/4 cup BBQ sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- chopped green onions
- Place ribs in the ninja foodi inner pot. Add dr.Pepper, salt and pepper.
- Close and lock the lid. Set the High pressure for 50 minutes and quick release it after its done. Drain most of the liquid.
- Brush ribs with BBQ sauce. Change lids and AIRCRISP for 5-10 minutes, until ribs are nicely browned.
- Serve with chopped green onions on top.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 660Total Fat: 39gSaturated Fat: 17gTrans Fat: 2gUnsaturated Fat: 21gCholesterol: 170mgSodium: 1204mgCarbohydrates: 34gFiber: 1gSugar: 18gProtein: 44g