Air fryer frozen lasagna is the perfect quick and easy weeknight dinner solution. Pop in a single serving portion and air fry for just a fraction of oven bake time! Then enjoy hot, golden and cheesy lasagna as an effortless meal that tastes homemade!
Frozen meals are lifesavers for busy days. They are super convenient and consistently tasty – and bonus, tend to be budget-friendly, too!
Microwaving and baking are traditional cooking methods. However, this air fryer frozen lasagna recipe is the best! It elevates freezer lasagna to scratch-made taste, with really no effort. Place a single portion in the basket, let the fryer work its magic, and in no time the lasagna is bubbly golden. Just like it came out of an oven!
Use this no-fail guide to cook your favorite type and brand of lasagna. It’s fantastic for classic meat, veggie and vegan, and gluten free frozen varieties.
Serve with a fresh salad or other Italian-inspired side dishes. Then you have a complete satisfying meal made with barely any effort!
Lasagna or lasagne
Lasagne is the traditional Italian name for the pasta sheets themselves. Therefore, lasagna is the name of a singular dish made with many sheets of lasagne.
What do i like about air fryer frozen lasagna
Although the microwave is the fastest appliance to cook frozen lasagna, it is definitely not ideal… The noodles become rubbery and watery. And often the cheese on top burns. Not exactly comfort food.
On the other side, oven baking does require quite a long time. Most frozen lasagnas take anywhere from 60-90 minutes to cook.
However, air fryer frozen lasagna “bakes” perfectly, but in just 40 minutes. Not only is it a quicker cooking method, it leaves the oven open! That is great for when you do not want to heat the entire house. Or you can use the oven to prepare other dishes while the lasagna air fries to perfection.
Use the air fryer to reheat non-frozen lasagna, too! It’s great to quickly warm leftovers.
- Use your favorite type and brand of lasagna. This can be lasagna with meat, spinach and cheese, or veggies. You can even cook gluten-free varieties, too!
- Line the air fryer basket with a piece of parchment paper or aluminum foil. This will help protect the appliance from any bubbling over cheese or moisture.
- Check the dish occasionally to make sure nothing gets to crisp or burns.
- Sprinkle on shredded parmesan cheese right at the end of the cook time.
- Check the internal temperature of the lasagna before serving. It should be at least 165 degrees.
Frequently asked questions
Lasagne is the Italian name for the pasta sheets themselves. Therefore, lasagna is the name of a singular dish made with many sheets of lasagne.
No, there is no need to defrost before air frying. In fact, frozen meals are easier to air fry versus thawed versions. Cooking a thawed single serving dish will likely result in a watery meal.
Absolutely! This easy recipe is great to prepare any single serving frozen lasagna.
You can cook a single frozen portion. But the full family size dish does require oven baking.
Typically, anything that can go in the oven can go in the air fryer. Just be sure to remove the outer container and any plastic film.
No, there is no need to use oil when air frying frozen lasagna.
You may also like…
- Air fryer snapper
- Air fryer turkey nuggets
- Air fryer ranch chicken breast
- Air fryer duck legs
- Air fryer rockfish
- Air fryer grouper
- Air fryer frog legs
- Air fryer flounder
Hope you will like this air fryer frozen lasagna recipe as much as we do. Please rate this recipe if you made it and leave a comment below if you have any questions or suggestions.
- 1 single serve frozen lasagna
- more shredded cheese (optional)
- Preheat air fryer to 250 degrees for couple minutes.
- Remove the packaging from lasagna and the film.
- Place frozen lasagna in the tray in the air fryer basket and cook for 10 minutes. Increase temperature to 340 and cook for 30 minutes.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 1 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 510