After preparing these Trader Joe’s salmon pinwheels inside the air fryer you won’t want them any other way! Tender and flaky salmon is filled with a flavorful mixture of spinach and feta cheese. This tasty meal comes together in 8 minutes inside your air fryer, no preheating required!
If you are looking for a quick and easy dinner with minimal effort these salmon pinwheels from Trader Joe’s are always a good option! These salmon pinwheels are premade with a spinach and Mediterranean-style herb feta cheese filling.
You can find them in the refrigerator section at most Trader Joe’s stores and when cooked in the air fryer, take under 10 minutes to prepare. The salmon is melt-in-your-mouth delicious and the filling is incredibly flavorful.
You can easily cook these salmon pinwheels in the oven or over the stove, but I find that the air fryer is one of the best ways to prepare salmon. Not only does it save you time because we don’t have to preheat the oven or bother with extra dishes but the salmon gets the perfect crisp exterior all while keeping the inside of the fish and the filling moist.
This Trader Joe’s salmon pinwheels recipe is perfect for busy or lazy weeknights because it’s so incredibly quick to prepare and serve with rice or a salad for a filling meal!
How to cook Trader Joe’s salmon pinwheels in air fryer
- Preheat the Air Fryer: Set your air fryer to 400°F. Allow it to heat up for a few minutes to ensure even cooking.
- Prepare the Salmon Pinwheels: While the air fryer is preheating, remove the salmon pinwheels from their packaging. If they are stuck together or have excess moisture, gently pat them dry with a paper towel.
- Arrange in the Air Fryer: Place the salmon pinwheels in the air fryer basket, spaced apart to allow air circulation. This ensures each pinwheel cooks evenly and gets a nice exterior.
- Cooking Time: Cook the salmon pinwheels at 400°F for 8-10 minutes. The exact time may vary slightly depending on the thickness of the pinwheels and your specific air fryer model.
- Salmon is done when it reaches an internal temperature of 145°F and flakes easily with a fork. If unsure, use a meat thermometer to check.
- After cooking, let the salmon pinwheels rest for a couple of minutes. This allows the juices to settle, ensuring the salmon is moist and flavorful when served.
Use a parchment paper liner or sheet of aluminum foil to cook your salmon pinwheels on. It helps with easy cleanup so the salmon doesn’t stick to your air fryer basket. Just ensure the parchment paper liners are made for air fryers and/or make sure it is secured in place. Loose paper or foil can be a hazard if it gets caught in the fan at the top of your machine.
If you want an extra crisp exterior on the salmon preheat your air fryer for 5 minutes then brush or spray vegetable oil on the salmon. You could also cook the fish for an additional 2 – 3 minutes or until it reaches your desired level of crispiness.
The salmon is done when it can easily flake with a fork and the meat has changed from a translucent raw appearance to a light orange opaque color. Use a meat thermometer to make sure your salmon is at least 145 degrees Fahrenheit before serving.
Be careful not to overcook the salmon otherwise, it can turn out dry. These pinwheels cook up pretty quickly and shouldn’t take more than 10 minutes to cook inside your air fryer.
Add a little bit of extra seasoning to the tops of the salmon. Pinwheels are flavorful on their own, but you might want to bump the flavor up a bit more. Use your favorite seasoning blend, or a little extra garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and black pepper.
Add cheese to the top of the salmon for a different flavor: grated parmesan or low-moisture mozzarella cheeses are excellent choices.
These air fryer salmon pinwheels make such an easy lunch or dinner. You can enjoy them with a variety of side dishes to make a quick 10-minute meal!
- Mediterranean salad with chopped tomatoes, red onion, cucumber, fresh herbs, and olives.
- Cucumber salad or diced avocado.
- Steamed white or brown rice, rice pilaf, or risotto.
- Alfredo pasta or buttered noodles.
- Sauteed or steamed broccoli, asparagus, or Brussels sprouts.
- Lemon wedges or additional fresh herbs for serving.
- Cherry or grape tomatoes for extra brightness and flavor.
- Sauteed or air-fried zucchini and squash.
Store leftover Trader Joe’s salmon pinwheels in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2 days. To reheat, place them in the air fryer at 350°F for about 3-4 minutes, or until thoroughly warmed, to preserve their texture and flavor.
Frequently asked questions
Line your air fryer basket with parchment paper or aluminum foil before cooking your salmon. Just make sure it’s secured because loose foil or parchment paper can be a hazard if it reaches the air fryer fan.
It depends on your recipe, but I prefer to air fry my salmon because it’s much quicker and the fish stays juicy on the inside with a crisp exterior.
You may also like
- Trader Joe’s Carne Asada air fryer
- Halibut collar
- Trader Joe’s Mac and Cheese bites in air fryer
- Baked salmon belly
- Uni butter
- Steamed snow crab legs
- Tuna collar recipe
- Frozen tuna steak in air fryer
Hope you will like this Trader Joe’s salmon pinwheels in air fryer. Rate the recipe if you made it and leave a comment below if you have any questions or suggestions.
- 1 package Trader Joe's salmon pinwheels
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat your air fryer to 400°F.
- Place salmon pinwheels in the basket, spaced apart. Season with salt and pepper.
- Cook for 8-10 minutes, until the salmon is cooked through and flakes easily.
Watch me MAKING THIS RECIPE in TikTok!
Be careful not to overcook the salmon.
The internal temperature of cooked salmon in 145 degrees.
Store leftover Trader Joe's salmon pinwheels in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2 days.
To reheat, place them in the air fryer at 350°F for about 3-4 minutes, or until thoroughly warmed, to preserve their texture and flavor.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 2 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 468Total Fat: 28gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 20gCholesterol: 143mgSodium: 286mgCarbohydrates: 0gFiber: 0gSugar: 0gProtein: 50g