Super easy keto low carb muffins with cinnamon and pecans. You will love how moist they are, what a perfect breakfast recipe for ketogenic diet!
How to make keto pecan muffins
If you ever wondered is it possible to make delicious moist muffins when you are on the ketogenic diet, i have good news for you! This recipe is so easy to follow and even a beginner can make it!
- Almond flour. This is an essential ingredient in keto cooking. You can make cookies, cakes, breads, pizza dough and much much more with it!Beside that the flour is very high in protein. vitamin E, monounsaturated fats, super low in carb! The flour contains a lot of fiber too, so good for you!
- Erythritol. A sugar substitute.
- Eggs. Fresh regular eggs are fine. Use pasture raised if possible. Sometimes i buy eggs from local farm in the Central Valley when i have time for farmers market.
- Milk. Almond or any other dairy free milk would be great. Can you also use a regular milk. You choose!
- Oil. I just use a simple vegetable oil i buy from a store. You can use a high quality olive oil in this recipe as well.
- Pecans. Pecan are best when fresh. You can buy already chopped pecans or halves and then chop them yourself. Leave some whole pecans for decoration.
This lovely muffins are great not just for you when you are on keto. Add it to your kids lunch box for a healthy snack , add it to your husbands lunch box as well. Eat them for breakfast or a snack during the day.
Pecan muffins cooking time and temperature
Before you start making the dough, preheat the oven to 350 degree. When you will be ready to bake the muffins, place them in to the hot oven for about 25 minutes. At 20 minutes check them with a toothpick.
It should come out clean. If not, cook for whole 25 minutes (so extra 5 minutes). Dont let it brown too much otherwise muffins will dry out.
Try this yummy keto cinnamon pecan muffins and let me know in the comment section how did you like them!
I have more breakfast recipes that are low carb and keto friendly, that you may like:
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup erythritol
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 cup oil
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare muffin tin with muffin cups. Set aside.
- Mix all the wet ingredients, then add dry ingredients. Add pecans.
- Scoop dough into muffin cups, leaving about 1/4 of a room on top to allow muffins to rise
- Bake for about 25 minutes. Let cool and serve.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 229Total Fat: 13gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 11gCholesterol: 62mgSodium: 73mgCarbohydrates: 22gFiber: 2gSugar: 1gProtein: 6g